Skip to main content

Nightmare - But I won

 LostInMyMind (@cursedrug) | Sailor moon usagi, Sailor moon gif, Sailor moon  aesthetic

I don't know what is up with Blogger, but it won't let me resize images. Seriously annoying. 

I had a nightmare last night. But this time, I won. I was in some sort of building, and Brian or Mark hopped into an elevator with me. I seemed to remember a previous dream where if you clicked on a certain button order, it would take you to a spirit world; only I couldn't remember which order.

I clicked on some buttons, and they were the wrong ones. I entered into a different spirit world, one that seemed to run like an authoritarian private school. While exploring, I ran into a Master Gardener that I knew, although I couldn't place her name. We sat together for a while, and I pulled up my laptop to email someone back home (it felt like Garrick Hansen, although I never placed a name) who knows about the original spirit world to let them know that I ended up in someplace different and needed help getting back. I was also letting them know that I ran into this other person, whom he seemed to know. 

While I was doing this, people in authority started coming out and telling everyone to line up against a wall. I tried to finish the email frantically, but the buttons kept sticking, causing me to make spelling mistake after spelling mistake. I thought to myself that I would have just let it go, but they were so bad that he wouldn't be able to understand what I was saying. 

Right as things were getting really bad, I tried quickly taking a photo of the new world to attach to the email, expect that my (now iPad) wasn't taking a picture like it was supposed to. I tried giving up and just ending the email, but the buttons were still sticking badly. 

That's when they starting injecting gas into the room, and everyone panicked. I already had a mask on (COVID), but I grabbed a much larger one that covered my whole face and rushed to the wall next to my friend. One of the officers saw me, grabbed me personally, and pulled me into a locked room. Inside there were three rooms, and on the left was a larger woman with long curly hair, who started coming at me. I knew she was there to kill me; so when I saw the bathroom in the room on my right, I thought about grabbing the top off the toilet bowl and using it as a weapon and went in there. 

I briefly thought how heavy it would be to wield it and saw a towel rod in the meantime. Deciding that would be a better weapon, I yanked it off the wall and it came out as a solid rod. When the woman walked in the room, she seemed surprised or intrigued by my mask and asked me how I knew ____. I lied and said they were my brother. 

 Then I stabbed her with the rod. Over and over again, digging it in each time and grinding it around inside. It had a compounding effect and did work, although it took a while. Eventually, she fell backwards into the tub and I stabbed her to make sure she was dead. Then I looked at the door, debated if I should go back to the room she came from and pretend to be her (because I knew the officers would check in after she killed me) or go out that way, or if I should lock the bathroom door with me and her inside and go out through the window. I decided to do the latter, and right as I was climbing out of the window I woke up.

This is the first time I can ever recall stabbing someone in my dream and successfully killing them. Normally, I miss or for some reason they just won't die. I can stab and grind my knife in them all I like, they don't die. But they did this time. Probably because spent from 1-2am that night doing combat drills, haha! I went to sleep having just knocked the shit out of a bunch of people and was feeling very confident.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pole update 5 / Karate update 1

POLE This last weekend I took my first pole workshop with a traveling instructor. Even though I didn't find it overly helpful (or worth the money), I still consider it a milestone in my pole fitness journey. The instructor was Brynn Route, and we did a series of unconnected floor choreography sequences. I didn't find it very helpful because it wasn't applicable to anything else, and I really wanted to learn some actual pole tricks. If I'm paying $90 for a session, I want to get something out of it that I wouldn't from a regular class (or YouTube). One of the other girls, Jill, was struggling just as much as I was with a lot of the moves in the workshop (Brynn was super nice, but she only showed each complicated sequence twice without a breakdown before having us do it), which was fantastic in camaraderie. At the end of the workshop she turned to me and said, "you're so strong," which just made my life. I told her I didn't really know how to res

Plants in my life this week

These are the plants in my life these past two days (as I volunteered at Leu Gardens): Saw Palmetto Palms (the only native palm in Florida) Lady Palms (these are the suckers that travel underground and attach themselves to each other, making them near impossible to pull out. I've also been informed that they make very popular houseplants) Sword Fern? Camelia Groves This was my favorite one A bunch of crazy Bromelias (it *almost* makes it worth getting them, but not quite) This yellow blooming tree next to this regular tree Honorable mention: my new favorite flower -- the Bush Lily

Job Interview with Harbor District

I went back to edit my 2018 goals post and saw that I was really depressed at the time of writing and therefore, couldn't think of many goals. One of the things I mentioned was that I had no job prospects and felt like I was going no where. Well, since then I was offered a job interview with the Harbor District for their Community Engagement Manager position. The interview is on Thursday and I'm more nervous that usual. Firstly, I really want the position. It's everything I want in a job, combining both my community organizing and experience design interests. It's literally the perfect blend and one I don't think I'll come across again for a while in Milwaukee. It would also be a major step up because this is a top-tier position. I imagine the rest of the pool of candidates are big players in Milwaukee. I want this so badly and know I would be good at it, I just need someone to give me a chance. So I reached out to my entire network and asked if anyone might