Skip to main content

Dream


Last night I dreamed that I was in a virtual game that allowed me to choose different themed adventures to participate in. I was staying in some kind of multi-faceted world complex, and I could walk across the atrium to get to the adventures. Some were based on Disney characters, like an under-the-sea Little Mermaid quest, but the one the struck my fancy most was the Nordic/Thor one. Outside the entrance participants were claiming hammers that looked like Thor's, with the advertisement that you would get to wield it just like him.

There were a number of other adventures I went on before going into the Nordic/Thor game. At one point I was walking through a caged bridge that lead over someone's private islands. It had a pit stop at one of the islands, where I got to meet and speak with the owner. At another point a large family of boys/men were staying with me and my family at this giant world complex, and we were all going to go to the beach, but I had no where to change into my swimsuit without the male visitors (who were wandering all around the residential level) seeing. So I wandered across the atrium into one of the themed virtual games to find a changing room. The first part I entered was laid out like a big outdoor Indian shopping village. I found someone who worked in the game but wasn't one of the virtual characters and asked where I could find a bathroom or place to change. She said that unfortunately, all the bathrooms were on the seventh floor.

I wasn't sure if anyone was going to reply, given that they were virtual game players; but they all suddenly frowned angrily at me and a few of them got up. I don't remember what they said to me, but I said, "She agrees with me (referring to the girl who was crowned). Are there any other players here?" Only the crowned woman raised her hand. It was just the two of us playing. The game characters put us both in handcuffs and lead us off.

We were being held there past game shut-down, so everything was just black. I told my co-hostage that I needed to use the bathroom, so I got up. I asked the program mainframe (like Jarvis in Iron Man) where the bathroom was, and it showed me a red lazer line going straight in front of me. I followed it until I reached some sort of imaginary door that I apparently walked through, and then the line split in a bunch of different directions onto what looked like imaginary square pillars. This was apparently where all the bathrooms were. It was hard to tell how far away some of them were, and I didn't feel like walking for miles; so I asked the program mainframe which bathroom was closest. She narrowed it down to 2 lines, so I followed one of them. When I got to the end of it the game turned on and I could see all of the background and game characters. There were 4 bathrooms: 2 for the men and 2 for the women, but the womens' bathrooms were in the form of stores (I'm assuming the bathrooms were in the back of them) - one for sportswear and one that looked like Maurice's. I don't care about sportswear, so I started going into the Maurice's one but then got creeped out and went into the other one. That's where the dream ended.

At any rate, I was really excited to get a hammer and go on the Nordic/Thor adventure game. I did a bunch of fun things and then fast forward to a ceremonial dinner where another female player was being awarded a crown. I was sitting at the end of the table, feeling like a loser, and became annoyed that we were at the end of the game and it wasn't as epic as I had hoped it would be. At no point did we get to use the hammer we were given. So I stood up and, knowing that I was breaking the 5th wall, said, "Look, this is nothing against her - " I pointed to the other player " - I don't even care that she won; but we never got to use the hammers and you promised that we would. That's what I was looking forward to the most. Why did you give us one if we don't get to use it?" The girl receiving the crown spoke up, as well, saying, "Yes, I really wanted to do use it to."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pole update 5 / Karate update 1

POLE This last weekend I took my first pole workshop with a traveling instructor. Even though I didn't find it overly helpful (or worth the money), I still consider it a milestone in my pole fitness journey. The instructor was Brynn Route, and we did a series of unconnected floor choreography sequences. I didn't find it very helpful because it wasn't applicable to anything else, and I really wanted to learn some actual pole tricks. If I'm paying $90 for a session, I want to get something out of it that I wouldn't from a regular class (or YouTube). One of the other girls, Jill, was struggling just as much as I was with a lot of the moves in the workshop (Brynn was super nice, but she only showed each complicated sequence twice without a breakdown before having us do it), which was fantastic in camaraderie. At the end of the workshop she turned to me and said, "you're so strong," which just made my life. I told her I didn't really know how to res

Plants in my life this week

These are the plants in my life these past two days (as I volunteered at Leu Gardens): Saw Palmetto Palms (the only native palm in Florida) Lady Palms (these are the suckers that travel underground and attach themselves to each other, making them near impossible to pull out. I've also been informed that they make very popular houseplants) Sword Fern? Camelia Groves This was my favorite one A bunch of crazy Bromelias (it *almost* makes it worth getting them, but not quite) This yellow blooming tree next to this regular tree Honorable mention: my new favorite flower -- the Bush Lily

Job Interview with Harbor District

I went back to edit my 2018 goals post and saw that I was really depressed at the time of writing and therefore, couldn't think of many goals. One of the things I mentioned was that I had no job prospects and felt like I was going no where. Well, since then I was offered a job interview with the Harbor District for their Community Engagement Manager position. The interview is on Thursday and I'm more nervous that usual. Firstly, I really want the position. It's everything I want in a job, combining both my community organizing and experience design interests. It's literally the perfect blend and one I don't think I'll come across again for a while in Milwaukee. It would also be a major step up because this is a top-tier position. I imagine the rest of the pool of candidates are big players in Milwaukee. I want this so badly and know I would be good at it, I just need someone to give me a chance. So I reached out to my entire network and asked if anyone might