This is the silliest post, but last night in lyra class I impressed myself. I had slid out of the hoop and was hanging from the top bar when I realized I needed to get back up. My brain immediately thought, 'Too late. You're going to have to drop down.' But I tried pulling myself back up and holy shit - I could do it. Effortlessly. I realized that it was a pull up I had just done, and those are what I've been practicing at home. Holy shit - I could actually do them now.
The Monkey Bar Gym has been closed during the week because of Summerfest, which means all my krav and boxing classes have been cancelled. My muay thai instructor and I talked about doing some outdoor exercises in its place; but it was nearly 100 degrees with full sun and incredibly high humidity these past 3 days, so that was out. In fact, I went for a walk on my lunch break on Friday afternoon and felt sick for the rest of the day from the heat. I was hoping then to get some hiking, running, or rocking climbing in on Saturday or Sunday, and to make it to a krav or hot yoga class on Sunday; but none of these things worked out. The heat prevented me from being able to do any outdoor activities, and no one was able to go rock climbing with me. Saturday I went up to Baraboo with Jennifer Koss to do some hiking and swimming at Pewit's Nest, but because it was so hot, we didn't end up doing a lot of the former. But I got home so late and was so exhausted from the heat (also, my shou...
Comments
Post a Comment