Skip to main content

May 20, 2026

I don't want to go to bed in a grumpy mood, so here are some highlights of my day: 
- I managed to switch out of my grumpy mood this morning and into a really good one 
- I laughed so hard with Zac and Ryan during lunch coming back from Starbucks that you would have swore we were drunk. It was such a dopamine rush. I love being together with them. 
- I was super productive at work today, and even though I had to stay later than I would have liked to, I'm incredibly proud of the work I got done. I had to AI all of it, so it's not my own writing, but I tailored and edited all of it. And it was still a considerable amount of writing that is impressive at the end of the day. 
- Bryan and I went to magic Kingdom and got to ride both sides of Space Mountain and the Tiana ride. We had such a good time together, and one of the cast members gave me a free Dole whip and water bottle, which was such a little treat and really perked me up. 

I'm really struggling with words and forming sentence structures. It's so much worse than it was before and is really causing problems. I don't know how to fix it at this point. I'm hoping time will fix it, but I'd also like to find some exercises to escalate the process. Wording is the thing I'm most proud of and what I enjoy most, so it's a real internal struggle to be struggling with this. And it's also hard to express how difficult it is to deal with this to other people in a way that they truly understand. 

Luckily, my strategic organizing and problem-solving skills are generally still okay. But my ability to visualize stories and situations, etc. aren't working at full capacity, either. I'm able to adapt, but I don't like having to, and it eats time. 

I'm giving myself grace, but I don't love it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Running update - 2 miles achieved!

The Monkey Bar Gym has been closed during the week because of Summerfest, which means all my krav and boxing classes have been cancelled. My muay thai instructor and I talked about doing some outdoor exercises in its place; but it was nearly 100 degrees with full sun and incredibly high humidity these past 3 days, so that was out. In fact, I went for a walk on my lunch break on Friday afternoon and felt sick for the rest of the day from the heat. I was hoping then to get some hiking, running, or rocking climbing in on Saturday or Sunday, and to make it to a krav or hot yoga class on Sunday; but none of these things worked out. The heat prevented me from being able to do any outdoor activities, and no one was able to go rock climbing with me. Saturday I went up to Baraboo with Jennifer Koss to do some hiking and swimming at Pewit's Nest, but because it was so hot, we didn't end up doing a lot of the former. But I got home so late and was so exhausted from the heat (also, my shou...

Pole update: layback achieved!

I finally got my cross-ankle layback tonight! I wore my new Wonder Woman shorts so I'd have more grip in my thighs and followed the advice from a blog I recently read, which said to go into it from a reverse Superwoman. It worked! I was able to get it every time except for once, when I think it wasn't close enough to my crotch. And then because I was able to get the layback, I was able to work on bow and arrow and got it on the first try. After that, it was pretty easy to keep doing it (especially since my leg grip was so good). Also, my flag is looking better. I can raise both legs now pretty horizontally and hold them there for a while on both sides.  BOOYAKASHA!

Working on my arms-only climb

I've been working on my arms-only climb for a month now and I'm finally making some progress. At first I literally couldn't pull myself up at all; I just hung there. But I've been working on it at home, even if I do nothing else on the pole. I'll just walk up to it, do a few pulls, and then go on my merry way. Yesterday I dropped in on Kate's level 3 class after going to Power Yoga at the Monkey Bar Gym and a really boring, pointless weapons class at karate; and despite having very tired arms, I managed 3 solid pulls up the pole. The most I've gotten is 3 pulls in the past, but these were the first time that they've felt totally controlled with my arms bent almost the entire time. I've felt envious at the other girls in my level 6 class because they've been able to do this climb since Day 1, but the more I watch them the more I realize they're actually using their legs like a straddle climb. So they're not actually doing the move, alt...